We are delighted with the progress of the construction of the School’s permanent site at Egley Road. Our brand new, state-of-the-art building will be a three-storey school building co-located on the 22 acre site with community sports facilities. The programme is now one third of the way through and remains on schedule.
We are particularly pleased to have incorporated the following:
- Facilities which support our focus on the core subjects with break out areas for literacy and numeracy and seven fully equipped Science labs
- Specialist areas where students can develop their talents in, among other subjects, Music, Dance, Drama, Design Technology, Food, Textiles and Art
- A school library and separate Learning Resource Centre to support students’ project based work.
- Planning hubs where our outstanding teachers can share ideas and plan collaboratively
- Integrated ICT so that these skills are developed and utilised in all subjects in addition to discrete Computer Science lessons
The school includes two Multi-Use Games Areas (MUGAs), and the major share of the sports hall, and these will be dedicated to the school throughout our extended day. Community sports facilities, to be operated by Woking Borough Council, include a fitness gym and dance studios, a full athletics facility, three five-a-side 3G sports pitches and two grass football pitches. These facilities will be available for both community and school use.
The school will move to the new site over the summer of 2018 ready for opening at the start of academic year 2018/19.
The steel frame is now erected for the Leisure Centre and southern part of the school, and the remainder of the frame will be going up in the next month or so. Ground preparation for the car park, athletics track and sports pitches is well advanced, and work on the highway has now begun.
You can see the progress for yourself via the onsite webcam at http://wallboard.biositesystems.com/timelapse/hoevalley.php
You can find the latest updates on progress on our News Updates page.