We are delighted with the progress of the construction of the School’s permanent site at Egley Road. Our brand new, state-of-the-art building will be a three-storey school building co-located on the 22 acre site with community sports facilities. The programme is now over half way through and remains on schedule.
We are delighted to be able to offer the following facilities :
- Flexibly designed classrooms arranged in faculty areas with co-located planning hubs to enable collaboration of the teaching teams and group rooms for targeted challenge and support interventions.
- A science faculty consisting of 7 fully equipped modern labs and associated preparation areas, designed for high quality teaching of the sciences from year 7 to A level.
- A specialist Art and Technology faculty encompassing purpose built rooms for Design Technology, Art, Food Technology and Textiles.
- A music and drama suite with a large drama space equipped for lessons and performances, an IT-enabled music room, a recording studio, and practice rooms for students to practice and improve their playing and singing.
- An up to the minute ICT infrastructure throughout the building to underpin our leading edge use of Google applications in enhancing and supporting the teaching and learning. This includes secure Wi-Fi access in all areas, chromebooks for every student, specialist ICT devices to support our project/ACCESS work, music and computer science teaching, and a management information system that streamlines administration and support for the students learning and provides online access for parents to their child’s data.
- A sixth form wing with social space, dedicated classrooms and specialist study areas.
- Through dedicated use of the community leisure facilities on the site during the school day, extensive sports facilities including a 5-court sports hall, 2 grass pitches, 3 3G pitches, 2 Multi Use Games Areas, and access to the competition standard athletics track.
The safety and security of our students is always our top priority, and in designing the site we have ensured the inclusion of:
- A properly safeguarded school site, separate from the community leisure facilities. Access to the School’s safeguarded area is under the control of the School at all times.
- The creation of new pavements and cycle paths to the site from the north and the south, together with the creation of a new road junction and traffic light controlled pedestrian crossings on the main road and the entrance road, so that our students can make their way safely to school on foot, by bike or by scooter.
- Implementation of purpose designed IT security and e-safety measures to ensure the online safety of our students.
Occupying a brand new, purpose built facility that we have helped to design means we can deliver the high quality, modern education that formed part of our original vision, and achieve our aims of equipping our students with high academic outcomes and work-ready skills.
The school will move to the new site over the summer of 2018 ready for opening at the start of academic year 2018/19.
You can see the progress for yourself via the onsite webcam at http://wallboard.biositesystems.com/timelapse/hoevalley.php
You can find the latest updates on progress on our News Updates page.