The children that came to our open evenings were asked to think about what they would like to see in their ideal school. We got an impressive wish-list:
- There were many requests for interesting lessons, good teachers, a focus on science and a big library – our students want to learn!
- Sport, music and performing arts are also very important to our students.
- An ICT suite and easy access to good IT facilities were frequently requested
- Extra curricular activities are very important to our students and they want to see a variety of interesting subjects on offer. Requests as varied as cooking, football, dancing, animal studies, trampoline lessons, art, cheerleading, golf and general fun were requested. How exciting for our first students that they will be able to have a high influence on the enrichment activities and after school clubs that we will offer.
- Students also recognised the importance of a good lunch, requesting good food at Hoe Valley School.
We plan to fulfil all of these wishes. The enrichment activities and after-school clubs we offer will depend on demand and resources but we will offer a varied and interesting program.
Another top request was a swimming pool!……..This may be a little beyond our opening budget but if anyone has any great fund raising ideas, don’t keep quiet!