PSHE (Personal, Social, Health and Economic) education is an important and necessary part of all students education. At Hoe Valley School this is embedded into tutor time lessons that cover a wide range of topics including;
- Drug and alcohol education
- Financial education
- Economic wellbeing
- Importance of physical activity
- Basic First Aid training
- Importance of a healthy lifestyle and diet
- Mental Health and emotional wellbeing
- Online Safety
- Keeping Safe
SRE (Sex and Relationships Education) and is an important part within the PSHE curriculum. From September 2020 schools have a statutory obligation to teach SRE.
The aim of SRE is to give young people the age appropriate information they need to help them develop healthy, nurturing relationships of all kinds, not just intimate relationships. At Hoe Valley School students will cover a wide range of topics including;
- Different types of relationships; including friendships, family relationships, intimate relationships and healthy relationships
- Self-respect and respect for others
- Commitment, tolerance, boundaries and consent.
- How to manage conflict
- How to recognise unhealthy relationships
- How relationships can impact mental health and wellbeing
- Sexual health and sexuality
Hoe Valley School follows the government guidance and uses materials from the government support PSHE association. Staff are provided with training and external speakers are sought out when necessary.
To view our PSHE and SRE Policies, please visit our Policies and Procedures page.